Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Displacement Reactions

What can I say? Each one of these stories was amazing in their own creative way. I was honestly expecting to be bored out of my mind before class yesterday, Man was I wrong! The twists and turns in every story made each one interesting. I especially liked the stories that were more suttle I liked trying to guess and figure out exactly which story they were displacing or stories.





Tyler's story was especially interesting to me because I loved how he had all of the details written in. It really made the story come alive and I could picture every scene as if I was standing right there watching the whole thing. It made it easier to follow and kept my interest peaked. I also thought how interesting it was that mine and his story both displaced Little Red Riding Hood yet they were two totally different stories. In place, time, format, plot, everything.





I have noticed that I am now fluently, watching movies and trying to figure out which fairy tale they displace. I watched Taking Lives last night. It stars Ethan Hawke and Angelina Jolie. It is the story of Little Red Riding Hood! About a young, beautiful FBI detective sent to profile a serial killer. It turns out the serial killer is disguised as a victim in the movie and she falls for him. All the while the number one rule of the system was not to get involved with the victims. I love that just the short amount of time in this class has done this for me.

You guys should all really check this movie out. It's pretty good. See if you can see the displacement factors!!




No comments: